#1 Podcast About the Battle of Gettysburg...Coming Soon!
Introductory Episode with Matt and Pete
What is Addressing Gettysburg? WHY Gettysburg? Press the play button below to hear an introductory episode with hosts Matt and Pete. Season 1 is slated to drop New Year's Day, 2019
Join the Mailing List
Enter your email to receive all the news about the production and debut of
Addressing Gettysburg Podcast.
Addressing Gettysburg Podcast.
Follow us on Social media
Support Addressing Gettysburg.
Your support from clicking one of the banners above and either shopping Amazon like you normally do or donating through one of the donate buttons, helps defray or cover production costs. We have dedicated ourselves to producing a top-notch podcast about the Battle of Gettysburg and, by extension, the Civil War in general, to prove for once and for all that history is NOT boring. We got the ball rolling, but to keep it going we need help from people who support the idea of educating future generations in ways they are used to being reached. Some costs your support covers include: studio/equipment maintenance and repair/replacement, meals for guests (that's how we thank them for their time), staff and crew compensation and more if we can support it. We thank those of you that have been using our Amazon portal to do your shopping. It is, by far the easiest way to support us. You shop there anyway and it doesn't cost you a penny more. Just make sure you come here and click that banner every time you wish to shop Amazon. We thank you in advance, no matter how you choose to help.
MAY 5, 2018 UPDATE
- New pages added to the "Resources" drop down menu. Pages are "Maps", "Order of Battle" for The Army of the Potomac and Army of Northern Virginia, "Videos", "Partners and Friends" and "Recommended Reading".
- Our Amazon links: People are bombarded daily by someone trying to get us to buy something. And while buying things creates jobs and helps make the world go 'round, it's annoying to be sold to. That's why we have signed up to be an Amazon affiliate. You will see Amazon banners and links throughout this site. The "Recommended Reading" page links to every book or movie we recommend. When you click on it and sign into your Amazon account we get credit for your purchases and you don't pay a penny more for it. So if hashtags are your form of activism, this is the way for you to painlessly support this show. Revenue from our Amazon account goes to production of our podcast and upcoming Facebook Live show. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases and thank you for doing all of your Amazon shopping through our links and banners.
- Donation account set up with Donorbox. Supporters can donate from set amouts or enter a custom amount and choose where it goes. The choices are 1) our Facebook Live Show, Addressing Gettysburg Live, 2) Addressing Gettysburg Podcast, 3) Short documentary videos, 4) on-battlefield video interviews with guides and rangers or 5) wherever it's most needed.
- Licensed Battlefield Guide, Bob Steenstra, has come on board as one of the experts on the podcast.
- Jessica Johnson has signed on as chohost for the twice-monthly Facebook Live show, Addressing Gettysburg LIVE!
- "Videos" page added to our Resources section of the main menu. This page includes YouTube videos produced by Addressing Gettysburg, the Gettysburg National Military Park, The United States Amry War College, WGAL, The AP and various other Youtube finds.
- "Maps" page has been created under resources on the main menu. These are simple maps that give, for the most part, an overview of what happened from the march north to Pickett's Charge.
- "Battles of the Gettysburg Campaign" page created under Resources on the main menu. That's right, there were other battles before and after Gettysburg on the way to and from it.
- New categories, "General History" and "General War Movies" added to the Recommended Reading and Viewing Page. Simply click those words and you will be whisked away to the respective category on Amazon.
- Sponsor, GettysBike Tours, has agreed to let us record podcast episodes from its location.
- getting ready to make the move to Gettysburg next week, so social media and website acgtivity might slow up a bit
- Matt made it to Gettysburg last night. He reports that it is cloudy with occasional showers but it's good to be back in "The 'Burg". He looks forward to getting to work at GettysBike Tours and on Addressing Gettysburg
JUNE 16 UPDATE: Five episodes are in the can featuring Licensed Battlefield Guides (LBG) Jim Pangburn and Bob Steenstra. More are slated to record future episodes but we will always need more guides and park rangers. So if you are or know one and would like to help us sell Gettysburg to the public around the world, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
JULY 19 UPDATE: Bonus episodes accumulating. We will launch a Patreon page with the real history nerds in mind. Patrons will receive access to bonus content which focuses more on specifics. Think of the free episodes of the podcast as whistler whetters for the masses; a bird's-eye view of the battle, if you will. On the other hand, subscriers to our Patreon page will get to swoop down for a deep dive into specific actions of the battle like The Wheatfield, for instance, as well as interviews with authors, actors and other people of note surrounding the battle of Gettysburg. So far we have author Christopher Loperfido's interview about his book "Death, Disease and Life at War" recorded on the battlefield behind te monument to the 111th NY. Tonight we are excited to record an interview with D Scott Hartwig about his book "A Killer Angels Companion" and how the novel and, by extension, the movie Gettysburg stray from reality. We are super excited to meet Scott and talk with such a knowledgable and accomplished person. Special thanks to Barb Sanders for putting us in touch with Scott.
August 23 UPDATE: The episode for July 2 &3, 1863- Culp's Hill- is edited. Now all we need is July 2- The Southern Part of the Field- and July 3- Pickett's Charge and The Cavalry Actions; The Retreat and the battles along the way and an episode about what the armies did back in Virginia for the remainder of 1863.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies