History is NOT boring!
That is our mantra. Our goal is to bring the history of Gettysburg and experiences of the soldiers and civilians of Gettysburg to the masses. We think this is the most compelling and important chapter of American history, and we want to show you why.
Veteran podcaster Matt Callery and Licensed Battlefield Guide Bob Steenstra have joined forces to tackle the great task remaining before them. Our show features historians, NPS rangers, Licensed Battlefield Guides, artists, local businesses, and fellow history podcasters. We hope to prove to you that whether you are a lover of history or you are just looking for a weekend getaway, Gettysburg has something for you. Let us show you.
Click here to listen to the podcast
click here to become a patron!
Production news & updates
January, 20 UPDATE:
January, 20 UPDATE:
- Much has happened since we last updated! On June 6, 2019 we release our first narrative episode entitled "Introduction: Antietam to Chancellorsville" to much praise and enthusiasm. Word began to spread rather quickly and the numbers on that episode go up daily. As soon as that was released, work on the second narrative episode, entitled, "INVASION! June, 1863" began. These puppies take 3-6 months to produce.
- By October we established a studio in the old radio station here in Gettysburg which is now the offices of Destination Gettysburg.
- Once we had a studio set up, production on all-things-podcast ramped up. While work continued on "INVASION!...," recording began on a new episode designed to supplement our narrative episodes while introducing the interesting people that make up the Licensed Battlefield Guide force. Those episodes are called "Ask A Gettysburg Guide" and come out wherever podcasts are found a few times a month.
- In December, we launched our Patreon account. This is to help support the production of the free uploads. In exchange for their support, Patrons get to further their education as we "address" Gettysburg throughout the years. On Patreon, you'll find guests like Drs. Peters S Carmichael, Ashley Whitehead Luskey and Jill Titus from the Civil War Institute here at Gettysburg College. Authors like Cory M Pfarr, Christopher Loperfido and Tim Smith. You will also get to meet some of the people in Gettysburg who help make this an interesting, fun and unique place to live, like Yianni Barakos from Mason Dixon Distillery or Dave Wilson from Victorian Photography Studio. Even Patrick Gorman and Bo Brinkman from the movies "Gettysburg" and "Gods and Generals". We interview rangers from GNMP like Christopher Gwinn and John Hoptak among others. Speaking of GNMP, during these winter months, we have volunteered to bring the audio of Gettysburg National Military Park's Winter Lecture Series to you since they won't be posting them on YouTube this year. We're able to do that because of our patrons at Patreon. So, please consider supporting our efforts to bring more of Gettysburg to more of the public for free.
- On January 12, 2020, part one of "INVASION! June, 1863" was released. In just its first 8 days it has surpassed the total downloads for December. Thank you all!
- We have chosen the dates for this year's walking tours of the battlefield. Licensed Battlefield Guide, Lewis Trott, has kindly put together a series of tours based around the theme "get out of the car". Follow the hashtag #getoutofthecar2020 for more details. We are currently deciding which walks happen when and plan to announce the schedule within the next week. A special thanks to all of you who joined us for our 2019 walks. They were rather quickly put together as the season was already underway. So it's a wonder anyone showed up. This year, we've decided to get ahead of the ball and announce the dates and tours while it's still winter and people are making their vacation plans for the spring, summer and fall.
To receive news and updates about Addressing Gettysburg be sure to enter your E-Mail address
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies